Friday, November 2, 2007
A Beautiful Thing
It's not often I get a chance to talk about what I do for work or I should say get the chance to show the result of what I do. This first photograph is of a sculpture by Ken Payne:

kpaynecart001

This piece could be extremely difficult for even the seasoned bronze caster. We cast this in one piece, first try. The wax was fairly thin, and we used minimal gaiting. I know not everyone understands this, but it is a beautiful thing. Here's a close-up of the wheel:


kpaynecart002

I'm sorry the colors don't match on these two photographs. I am still showing the photographs as individual pieces of photography. They serve a secondary function as my reference for what I do. Thank you, goodnight.


1 Comments:

Blogger David S. said...

That wagon looks great! How hot did you have to pour it to get the spokes?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer